Global Tax Compliance Specialists

Are You an Expat Residing Overseas?

Taxpayers who reside overseas have U.S. tax and reporting requirements, including foreign bank accounts, assets, investments, entities and trusts. We assist taxpayers with international tax and offshore disclosure and compliance.

Are You Seeking to Formally Expatriate?

U.S. persons seeking to formally expatriate from the United States have several reporting requirements to contend with, including Form 8854, dual status tax returns, exit tax and covered expatriate status. 

Do You Have Unreported Foreign Income and Assets?

When a non-resident alien becomes a U.S. person and has foreign accounts, assets, investments, and income — they have various international tax and reporting obligations. Failure-to-file can result in significant fines and penalties. We can help you get compliant.

About Golding & Golding, APLC


Each case is led by a Board-Certified Tax Law Specialist and Support Team from beginning-to-end.


We represent clients nationwide and worldwide in over 80+ different countries with Offshore Compliance.


We have been featured in several US & International publications such as Forbes  & The Washington Post.


Full-service tax preparation, legal representation, follow-up, and examination defense for a flat-fee.

Common Myths about Expats and Expatriation

Expats do not pay us tax

Even if a U.S. person resides full-time overseas, they are still subject to IRS taxes on worldwide income and global account & asset reporting.

exit tax is a wealth tax

The exit tax is not a wealth tax. A person may have to pay an exit tax even if they are not considered ‘high-net-worth.’

expatriation is only for citizens

Several years ago, the US Government expanded the definition of expatriates to include certain Long-Term Residents

the irs cannot reach overseas

The IRS has entered into FATCA and other agreements with over 100 countries and may deny passports, levy accounts or seek a writ.

    Schedule a Confidential Reduced-Fee Initial Consultation with a Board-Certified Tax Attorney Specialist


    930 Roosevelt Avenue, Suite 321, Irvine, CA 92620